Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A few creative hours - skirt and top

Today I was in need of getting into My Creative Space....it seems so long since I have made anything...anything at all. Now sewing is not really my thing but as I have an overlocker and machine and a need for some comfy summer skirts I thought I would give it a go.

A gorgeous watermelon stretch jersey with black stretch waist band.

I also refashioned a white t-shirt with some ruffles
Black stretch skirt with lace trim
Wow, I really did make it.


6 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you!! How good does it feel??!! Hehe I made a skirt today from a Foo Fighters Tee and am so cuffed because I have wanted to do it for so long but it was always on the bottom of the list!! Your creations look really professional!!

    xo Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're awesome! I love the ruffle shirt - very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much girls. I got inspired by looking around at the shops and seeing how roughly made the clothes are - and thought well I could do as good a job or better than that! I am really happy with how they turned out and will have the confidence to do more. Well done Steph - love to see pics of your skirt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang grrl, you are getting better at your art everyday! sewing isn't your thing huh? I think your selling yourself short cuz this looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gadzooks Del you're a genius, well done Darling, they're gorgeous!
    Happy Happy 2011 to YOU and Your Darlings and here's to heaps and heaps of creativeness ;) xo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Love the ruffles! Makes me feel like getting creative with my plain tshirts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I love to read your comments so chat away. :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...